on 27. Nov at 12
goto PostLift arms hickup(3)
 by tassie
 on 27. Nov at 12
goto PostNA to Tubo(30)
 by JamesF
 on 26. Nov at 12

[Access Forum]

Operators manuals. Click & then Operators Handbooks.

http://www.dbtc.co.uk/index.php?module=zWebstore&func=view&ot=product

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scooby
Post subject: A farm sale on 12/02/11  PostPosted: 12.02.2011, 18:24

Warwickshire
8 photos (2 of each subject) taken at a farm dispersal sale today. The mudguards are of the 880 and would have been taken off when he Victor cab was fitted. They had been stored in a barn and only had surface rust on them. The VIN plate and plough lamp were all there.

Three is twee, four is poor, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Reply with quote Back to top
broadswordOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 12.02.2011, 22:58

Holmfirth, Huddersfield
Blimey,

looks like the prices of DB`s are on the up!! - Thanks for the photos Scooby - the bottle opener 990 was a bargain!!.

If I was in it for the money and not purely for the pleasure and sentimental reasons of owning a DB my 73 990 would be straight in the next Cheffins sale Shocked

Cheers

Andy

Scooby
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 09:00

Warwickshire
Thanks Andrew. You reckon the 990 was a bargain ? I was chatting to Ken Jarvis and his good lady for a large part of the day and we had both put £1750 on that tractor. (but we are both in training to be Yorkshire men Cool )

It would have scrubbed up quite easy and would have been an easy restoration. Someone had pop riveted either plastic or metal between the tops of the mudguards and the bottoms of the side windows. Clearly someone hadn't been keeping the rubiish away from where it collects in there and it has rotted. The hydraulics all worked as they should, including TCU.

If I had wanted one for myself then maybe the price would have been O.K. but there won't be much profit in it to sell it on.

joeproctorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 11:28

drax, nr, selby, north yorkshire
the tractors are tidy ex farm examples and have all made good money(was this a db farm sale?) i doubt if these are dealer purchases as there is nothing left which is good for the seller!
the 880 wings were good money too,i saw this at newark the parts were expensive ,a fordson bonnet and cowl made over £1000 i would have paid half that in yorkshire and drove the tractor home!
regards
joe

jimc1390Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 11:57

cornwall
at this end i found its a buyers market, better offf sittin on any gear and wait for spring when the small holders get there cheque books out!!

Scooby
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 14:25

Warwickshire
It was a normal farm sale. But there was a DB dealer (in those days) only a couple of miles away. It was Midland Shires Farmers. Now called Countrywide, don't sell machinery anymore. Only horse blankets and green wellies now. It is actually a County Council smallholding and the old boy had died. He had milked it at some stage. But they are re-letting it again which is something I suppose but it's only 80+ acres and really a green side up farm. South Warwickshire, not the really heavy dirt but heavy enough. Any new tenant will need a big heart (and lots of stamina - O to be young again Rolling Eyes )

But the tractors were genuine and on this stock farm had been looked after. Both the 990 and 1390 would go straight to work and compared with a new 2wd comparable hp tractor were quite cheap I suppose. But there wouldn't have been any profit in them for a dealer I wouldn't have thought. They had towed the 880 up and down the street a few times to try and start it but things can happen to tractors in a sale !!! Is there a fuel tap on an 880 ???

Only asking. Cool

djOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 17:21

West Wales
At Synod Inn Auctions yesterday, a tatty 990 went for £780 + VAT.
Rusty, front end dented to bits. No functioning dials or warning lights. It did have a power loader which didn't seem to work particularly well. There were the remnants of a Weatherframe cab. (Well the frame was there). Started quite easily.

Sorry, the pic isn't by me. It was a photo of the mini digger on the auctions website, which happened to have the DB in the background.

Jump to: